Join the ADOA
The ADOA consists primarily of Development Officers from both urban and rural municipalities in Alberta. As well, there are members from the private sector and others including municipal planners, independent planners, surveyors, and engineers.
Currently, the ADOA has approximately 325 members. An “active” member must be a person performing the duties of a Development Officer (DO) in the Province of Alberta or supports the local Municipal Planning Commission. An “associate” member can be anyone who is interested in our association, a retired Development Officer, a person that doesn’t act as a DO in Alberta but does so in another province or territory, or may be a person who works as a consultant or in another government agency. Associate members have voting privileges at the Annual General Meeting held annually at our conference.
- All new members receive the ADOA Development Authority Manual.
- All members have access to the ADOA website and forum.
- All members receive notification the ADOA Communicator newsletter is on the website.
- All members in good standing can attend the annual conference.
- All members have access to educational opportunities and grants.
Become a Member
If you are interested in becoming a member, please complete the membership application:
Send your application; include a cheque for your membership fee, and mail to:
134 Village Way
Contact our membership chairman/liaison:
City of Spruce Grove
Diane Burtnick, Executive Assistant
ADOA Administration Office